Specialist Fertility Treatment Scan Details
Our Specialist Early Scan offers pregnancy assurance to mums from as little as 6 weeks (based on your implantation date). Each of our early pregnancy scans complete with a medical report. Our expertly trained sonographers and clinic team will provide you with the best possible reassurance at any stage between 6 – 15+6 weeks pregnant.
- This early scan is available from 6 weeks – 15 and 6 days pregnancy.
- If you feel weekly scans will offer more reassurance during the early weeks of pregnancy then these can be arranged in addition to this package.
- The primary purpose of this scan is to determine well-being and provide specialist care for expectant parents pregnant as a result of fertility treatment.
- The scans will last about 10 minutes and a 2D scan picture will be given to you to take home and keep.
- All early scans are performed by a qualified diagnostic Sonographer.
- As this package is offered from 6 weeks, it is medically recommended that the scan is carried out trans-vaginally with consent to ladies pre-10 weeks. We will always consult with ladies before their scan, so if you’d prefer an abdominal scan, please let us know.
- This scan is available to women over 18 years of age or to women of 16 and 17 years who attend with a responsible adult.
- If you have been prescribed any medication, please contact your GP.
- Please note, to book a scan with firstScan, a positive pregnancy test result is required.