Viability scan details
Our Viability Scan offers early pregnancy assurance to mums from as little as 6 weeks (based on your LMP). Each of our early pregnancy scans come complete with a medical report. Our expertly trained sonographers and clinic team will provide you with the best possible reassurance at any stage between 6 – 10+6 weeks pregnant.
- If you feel weekly scans will offer more reassurance during the early weeks of pregnancy then these can be arranged in addition to this package.
- The primary purpose of this scan is to confirm viability of an intrauterine pregnancy and determine well-being.
- The scans will last about 10 minutes and a 2D scan picture will be given to you to take home and keep.
- All early scans are performed by a qualified diagnostic Sonographer.
- As this package is offered from 6 weeks it is likely any pre-10 week pregnancy scans will require an internal (vaginal) scan. We always start trans-abdominally but for more accurate results you may be offered an internal scan. Please attend this appointment with a full bladder
- If you are unsure of your LMP, you may be asked to provide the date of your first positive pregnancy test to ensure accuracy of dates when booking your appointment.
- This scan is available to women over 18 years of age or to women of 16 and 17 years who attend with a responsible adult.